2 Timothy 1 · a question people ask
"and was not ashamed of my chain" (1:16). Where was the letter's I held?
The letter doesn't say. Its I tells Timothy not to be ashamed "of me his prisoner" (1:8), and speaks of "my chain" (1:16). Of Onesiphorus it says, "but when he was in Rome, he sought me diligently and found me" (1:17). It doesn't say where the I was held, or for how long, and these notes say nothing about it beyond the letter's own words.
The verses
“Therefore don’t be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner; but endure hardship for the Good News according to the power of God,”
“May the Lord grant mercy to the house of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain, but when he was in Rome, he sought me diligently and found me”