2 Corinthians 13 · a question people ask
"I write to those who have sinned before now and to all the rest" (13:2). Who are they?
The chapter doesn't name them. The chapter before uses the same words: "I would mourn for many of those who have sinned before now, and not repented" (12:21). Neither verse names anyone, and these notes don't. They say no more of "all the rest" than 13:2 does, and apply these verses to no one.
The verses
“I have warned previously, and I warn again, as when I was present the second time, so now, being absent, I write to those who have sinned before now and to all the rest that if I come again, I will not spare,”
“that again when I come my God would humble me before you, and I would mourn for many of those who have sinned before now, and not repented of the uncleanness, sexual immorality, and lustfulness which they committed.”