2 Corinthians 13 · a question people ask
"Examine your own selves, whether you are in the faith." (13:5). How are they to test themselves?
The verse goes on with its own question: "Or don’t you know about your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified." (13:5). Then: "But I hope that you will know that we aren’t disqualified." (13:6), and "Now I pray to God that you do no evil" (13:7). The chapter doesn't say more of how the testing is done, or of what being disqualified would mean, and these notes don't. They ask no one whether they are in the faith, and don't take these verses to answer any other question.
The verses
“Examine your own selves, whether you are in the faith. Test your own selves. Or don’t you know about your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified. But I hope that you will know that we aren’t disqualified. Now I pray to God that you do no evil; not that we may appear approved, but that you may do that which is honorable, though we may seem to have failed.”