2 Corinthians 12 · a question people ask
"I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven fourteen years ago" (12:2). Who is he?
The chapter doesn't name him. It says, "I know a man in Christ" (12:2) and "I know such a man" (12:3). These notes don't say who he is, and say no more of him, or of where he was caught up, than these verses do.
The verses
“I know a man in Christ who was caught up into the third heaven fourteen years ago—whether in the body, I don’t know, or whether out of the body, I don’t know; God knows. I know such a man (whether in the body, or outside of the body, I don’t know; God knows), how he was caught up into Paradise and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.”