1 Corinthians 4 · a question people ask
"I have sent Timothy to you" (4:17). What else does the letter say about his coming?
This chapter says, "Because of this I have sent Timothy to you" (4:17). Near its end the letter says, "Now if Timothy comes, see that he is with you without fear, for he does the work of the Lord, as I also do." (16:10). The letter says no more about when he comes, or whether he came, and these notes don't reckon it.
The verses
“Because of this I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways which are in Christ, even as I teach everywhere in every assembly.”
“Now if Timothy comes, see that he is with you without fear, for he does the work of the Lord, as I also do.”